Caring for your cut flowers
- Fill a clean vase with room-temperature tap water.
- To keep the flowers looking great for as long as possible, add cut flower food to the water.
- Cut 3-5 cm from the stems. Make the cut diagonally using a sharp, clean knife or secateurs.
- Top up the vase regularly with tap water.
- The use of wires is only necessary when using the flowers in floral arrangements.
- Ensure that gerberas are kept away from draughts and heaters, and out of direct sunlight.
- Don't display the gerberas near a fruit bowl. Fruit gives off ethylene gas, which will make the flowers age more quickly.